RECREATIONAL DISPENSARY MENUOrders are only held until end of business day. HOURS ARE 9AM-9PM DAILY
PRE ORDER ONLINE!
You will receive a text when your order is ready for pick up. Just walk in, pay and pick it up.
We will be closing our storefront and doing CURBSIDE PICKUP ONLY. If you are a medical patient, you can place an order in advance on our website or over the phone by calling 734-494-0772. If you are a recreational customer, you must place an order in advance at our website. When you arrive at Exclusive Ann Arbor, please remain in your car and follow the security guards’ directions. You will need EXACT CHANGE for your transaction. You will not have access to an ATM. As always, medical patients will be prioritized.
People who use cannabis for anything other than medical purposes call themselves as “recreational users”. Recreational marijuana has been used for centuries in the U.S. In fact, in the 1890’s, it was a common ingredient in many over-the-counter medicines and when the number of immigrants increased in the 1920’s, its use became more widespread. A decade later in 1930’s, states started banning the use of marijuana, until in 2012 when Colorado and Washington first legalized the use of cannabis. Soon after, U.S. States followed in legalizing the use of either or both medical and recreational marijuana.
Medical Marijuana vs Recreational Marijuana
Marijuana can be used in several ways: Smoking, vaping, eating, drinking. Medical marijuana serves to alleviate ailments or health concerns while recreational marijuana is used for purely recreational purposes only, and oftentimes in social situations. Here are the main characteristics that differentiate the two:
- CBD is higher in medical marijuana, hence a less “high” feeling, while THC is typically higher in recreational marijuana. From a scientific perspective, less CBD is preferable as it gives a better quality of living with lesser side effects. However, just because it’s lower in CBD does not necessarily mean it is also low in THC. CBD is also known to have the potential to reduce anxiety and THC is known for its sleep-inducing potentials.
- One must get a recommendation to be able to get medical marijuana from a dispensary while anyone over the legal age can get recreational marijuana from a dispensary. A licensed physician will need to qualify you for this. You could also be given a medical pot card or be registered to a database. Since you can get recreational marijuana more freely, you may want to ask for advice from an expert or from the “budtender” at the dispensary for responsible use of weed.
- You can get recreational marijuana from a dispensary if you are 21 years and over. This is only applicable for States that have legalized recreational pot use. On the other hand, you can get medical marijuana from a dispensary if you are 18 years or older. There are some exceptions, though, in some States that could allow those below 18 years that have emergent needs or health purposes for marijuana.
Effects of Recreational Marijuana
It’s very important to note that only those 21 years of age or older are legally allowed to use recreational marijuana. And even when this is already legalized, it’s also important to take everything in moderation and with self-control to avoid dependency or addiction.
Here are some effects of recreational marijuana that may be experienced by the user:
- Feeling of extreme joy or relaxation; Being elated, ecstatic, or giggly for no reason
- Increased or heightened senses of sight, hearing, touch, and taste
- Increased appetite and/or hunger
- Loss of physical and mental coordination
- Loss of sense of time
- Lower inhibitions/more risky or impulsive
- Anxious or suspicious feeling about the environment or other people
When starting on either medical or recreational cannabis, make sure to do your research first to always be on the safe side. Follow regulations and laws when making your purchase and only buy from trusted and select dispensary. There are several benefits to cannabis use, thus, the legalization in some States and countries. It is also a booming business as the potentials are endless. Just like any other drug or medicine, there could be negative side effects when used irresponsibly. But in general, regulated and responsible cannabis use is not harmful and is more beneficial.
JOIN OUR VIP MAILING LIST
Be the first to know about new items, sales, EXCLUSIVE offers and special events. Plus special discounts ONLY for our VIP patients! So sign up now and save!